You have always wanted to publish an academic paper but don’t know where to start? – Start here.
The next deadline is: June 30th, 2019
Below you find the submission criteria for the first issue of the angLES journal in the summer of 2019 – Please read them carefully before making submissions to the link provided below.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be reminded of the submission deadline, please sign-up to our author’s mailing list.
The submission guidelines are also available as a pdf:
- The submission deadline is June 30th 2019 (if you cannot make this deadline please email us)
- Your paper can have been created independently or within a University class
- All authors need to be credited and consent to publication
- Your paper must be suitable for academic discourse (c.f. Academic Requirements and Ethics)
- Your paper must be written in English
- You must make an original claim or take a creative approach to your topic. Summaries of previous literature can only be accepted in the form of literature synoptica or formal reviews.
- The paper can address a topic of your choice.
- At the time of writing you must identify as a liberal education student (or alumni) in Europe (not sure if you qualify? Email us at
Academic Requirements and Ethics
Not permitted are:
- Cases of plagiarism/Incomplete or otherwise lacking list of sources or authors
- Non disclosure of competing interests/Apparent but unacknowledged biases
- Submitting a number of papers that could be submitted as one (trying to artificially bolster your chances of being published)
- Fabrication of data/Deliberate misinterpretation of other authors and statistics
- Research methods/experiments/studies which have not been approved of by a University ethics committee
- Follow the guidelines for formatting
- Majority of sources are of an academic nature
- Appropriate language
- The submitted text need be coherent and should be as cohesive as possible
- Accept feedback from the reviewers and try to incorporate said feedback. If incorporation does not fit with your vision of your submission, please communicate this to the editors, who will pass it on to the peer reviewer
- Approximately 3000-5000 words excluding references, etc.
- Includes an abstract of about 100-200 words and up to five keywords (c.f Abstract)
- Includes a brief author biography (c.f. Author Biography)
- Times New Roman, Font size 12, 1 ½ line spacing, margins 2,5 cm
- Citation style “APA 6th Edition”, Works cited may be in any language.
- Word file (no pdfs)
- Papers that do not meet the formal criteria are automatically returned to the author.
- Included with your submission
- At which universities did you study?
- Areas of study and interest
- Max. 1 Paragraph (max. 150 words) in a separate document
Abstract and Keywords
- Abstract of 100-200 words
- Abstract must include the main thesis and basic structure of the Paper
Your rights and responsibilities as an author
- By submitting your paper to us, you agree that it may be published under a creative commons licence by the angLES journal. You will be consulted again before publication.
- As is good practice in other journals, and for learning purposes, by submitting your paper to us, you agree to peer review at least one other paper in a field of your interest for the angLES Journal, if required. If you do not want to do this, you will have to give good reason and propose an equivalent alternative way of how you could support the journal.
- By submitting any information to our websites and forms you agree for that information to be stored by the Outreach Committee of the University College Freiburg and to be contacted in relation to the Journal. You can revoke this privilege at any point by sending an informal Email to email@example.com
- You are ultimately responsible for the content of your work. The relationship is built on trust and if you are found to have violated that trust, for example by violating the academic ethics requirements, you may be banned from publishing in the angLES journal.
- Please submit your paper here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYYyUM3mnR5moFiSijKwwiv4OAzn54lmuTgMgrPH2mi1ROIA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Your paper will be peer reviewed in a double blind process and sent back for correction.
- Your peer reviewers and the editors will make the final decision on whether to publish your paper.
- Both authors and peer reviewers are encouraged to submit their work within two weeks of receiving the latest version.